About the Artist, Doug Petrousek
Doug is not only a highly talented Fish Taxidermist, but he is also one of our instructors at Fish Specialties Taxidermy. He has a wealth of knowledge and has been providing many thousands of happy customers with high quality fish mounts operating “Douglas Taxidermy” for four-plus decades. Doug is a huge asset to our Fish Specialties team. He consistently produces some of the most anatomically accurate, highly detailed original skin mounts that you’ll find anywhere. Mounts that have that artistic flair that is impossible to capture with words. Doug is considered “one of the best” original skin-mount fish artists by his peers in the Taxidermy industry, the most scrutinizing people out there!
- Full-time, full service Fish Taxidermist since 1976
- Has mounted over 40 line-class world record and 9 state record fish.
- Commissioned by Pepsi Cola, Chicago Park District, Chicago Tribune, and John G. Shedd Aquarium
- Notable clients include: Spence Petros, Jim Saric, Babe Winkleman, Bob Maciulis, musky legend Len Hartman, former Chicago Bear Mark Bortz, baseball Hall of Famer Wade Boggs, the late Mayor of Chicago Richard J. Daley and many others!
- Completed Restoration of All Tackle World Record SM Bass 11 lbs. 15 oz, caught by D.L. Hayes, Dale Hollow Lake, TN. in 1955.
- Trained over 100 students in the Art of Fish Taxidermy.
- Original skin mounts with custom carved bodies, replicas, restorations, freshwater, saltwater, exotics, custom habitats.
- Every mount is custom painted to your photos/specifications.
Terms, pricing and method of payment at our Elburn, Illinois location:
By appointment only, please phone first. Doug accepts cash, checks or money orders. 50% deposit required to start every job, payments accepted. Prices (generally) the same for original skin mounts or replicas. Please call for current pricing. All jobs performed in order of deposits received. Upon completion, prompt pickup is appreciated.
Note: Credit Cards Not Accepted
Current approximate turnaround time: Original Skin Mounts – 6-8 months, Replicas 5-6 months.