Fish Artist Marty Shimkus – Shorewood, Illinois
About the Artist, Marty Shimkus
Marty learned the Art of Fish Taxidermy from one of the best, Doug Petrousek, two decades ago. Since then, Marty has grown Fish Specialties Taxidermy into one of the premier full-service Fish Taxidermy studios in the midwest with thousands of happy customers. Services include anything and everything that has to do with fish taxidermy including Freshwater and Saltwater gamefish and some exotics, original skin mounts, replicas and restorations along with taxidermy training. Marty has excelled in his field due to his compulsive attention to detail combined with his formal Art and painting background which makes for one very picky Fish Artist!
- In business 20 years successfully operating our full-time, full service, fish-only taxidermy studio out of our original Shorewood location.
- BA in Art and Education, Cornell College, 1985. Concentration in Drawing and Painting (air brush).
- Professionally Trained in the Art of Fish Taxidermy and all current preservation techniques.
- All Freshwater and Saltwater gamefish and many exotics.
- Original Skin Mounts or Replicas.
- Custom habitats
- Custom hand-carved bodies and custom paint-jobs matched to your photos/specifications.
- No job is too big or too small. We’ve done everything from bluegills to muskies and sharks and sailfish and everything in-between!
- Fish Specialties Taxidermy Instructor.
- Prior to taxidermy, 20 years CADD Designer and management experience.
Terms, pricing and method of payment at our Shorewood, Illinois location:
By appointment only, please phone first. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. 50% deposit required to start every job, payments accepted. Prices (generally) the same for skin mounts or replicas. Please call for current pricing. All jobs performed in order of deposits received. Upon completion, prompt pickup is appreciated.
Current Estimated Turnaround Time: 4-5 months.